Please check the events calendar for happenings while you are here, or to plan your trip.
Contact us if we can send you a tourism packet or provide you with any further information.
Sites to see
Brown County has several interesting historical museums. For more information click here.
Things to do
See Beautiful Lake Brownwood: Fish, rent a cabin, water recreational activities and more!
Hollywood Theaters (at Heartland Mall) 325-643-3661
Lyric Theater (plays year round)
Places to eat
* China King 325-643-9889
* Jerry's Burgers & Shakes 325-643-6140
* Humphrey Pete's 325-646-8576
*Classic Inn 325-643-3567
* Comfort Inn 325-641-9400
* Executive Inn 325-643-5611
* Gate 1 Inn 325-643-5463
* Hampton Inn 325-641-1122
* Heart of Texas Baptist Camp & Conference 325-784-5821
* Luxury Inn 325-641-1818
* La Quinta Inn & Suites 325-641-1731
* Mountain View Lodge & Marina 325-784-5022
* Knight's Inn 325-643-5621
* Royal Inn 325-646-5525
* Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast 325-646-4128
* Value Lodge 325-646-3511
* Glamour Shop 325-643-2633
* Hamilton's 325-646-7195
* Heartland Mall 325-646-8531
* Mary's Antiques 325-646-9503
* Peddlers 325-646-6466
* Scott's Western Wear 325-646-0201
* Sears 325-646-3606
* Wal-Mart 325-643-9727
Retreats & Group Meetings
Budget Inn & Suites
* 515 E. Commerce, Brownwood, TX 76801
* 325-646-2551 or toll free 877-500-2600
* Meeting Room occupies 250 people
* Catering is Available
* Group Rates & Packages with Hot Breakfast
* Restaurant & Lounge.
* Carnes Camp Meeting Hall holds 100 (seats 70 banquet style), has bunk beds and a double kitchen plus other sleeping facilities. Contact Nona Carnes at 325-752-6189 or visit http://www.CarnesCamp.com
Texas 4-H Center
* 78 acre conference center on the Lake with lodging for 300, meeting facilities, and catering. Call 325-784-5482 or http://texas4-h.tamu.edu
Heart of Texas Baptist Camp & Conference Center
* 331 acre camp and retreat center on Lake. Lodging and meeting space for up to 600 and cafeteria facilities. Call 325-784-5821 or www.heartoftexascamp.com
Lake Brownwood State Park
* 537 acres of rustic beauty and tranquility with miles of shoreline. Tent sites, screened shelters, cabins and group lodges. Open daily and year-round. Call 1-800-792-1122 or www.tpwd.state.tx.us
Mountainview Lodge & Marina
* On Lake Brownwood, with 12 motel-type cabins facing the lake each with two beds and kitchenette, 47 RV spaces with hookups, Reunion/Community Hall, Picnic Tables and BBQ grills. Call (325) 784 5022 or www.mtnviewmarina.com.
Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast – Garden Pavilion
* 650 Morelock Lane Brownwood, TX 76801
* 325.646.4128 or visit star-of-texas.com
* Garden Pavilion holds 40 to 60 with different set up styles
* Garden area also available, perfect for weddings, receptions and small group meetings or retreats.
* Refreshments or catering available.
* B&B cottages available for small group retreats, with full hot breakfast served.